Our Native Village aims to increase awareness that a balanced lifestyle need not be one that is lacking in variety, flavour and excitement, but with just a little care and creativity it is possible to live healthy holistic lives. The guests enjoy wholesome, delicious vegetarian and vegan friendly food.Special features of the Food
1. They use whole grains, which are a great source of B vitamins, Vitamin E, magnesium, iron and fiber, as well as other valuable antioxidants. This means unpolished rice, whole wheat bread, red rice dosas and idlis.
2. Jaggery or unrefined sugar is our sweetener of choice. They even make own jams from seasonal fruits and jaggery to ensure you get to eat fully organic.
3. The food is cooked with very minimal oil, and in most cases with no oil at all. So instead of deep-fried fatty bajjis and pakodas, snack on our healthy and tasty corn bhel, and potato tikkis instead.
4. The food is vegan friendly. Peanut curd replaces cow's milk curd, coconut milk instead of cream and milk, tofu replaces paneer etc.
5. However keeping in mind the challenge the chai and coffee loving guests may have, they serve cow's milk with tea and coffee upon request. But do try the relaxing herbal teas.Classic Breakfast
Classic Lunch & Dinner
- Fresh fruits
- Herbal tea
- Whole wheat or Multi grain bread
- Peanut or other nut butters and fruit jam
- 3 cooked dishes (Eg: Whole rice dosas, Poha, Aloo parathas)
- Accompaniments (Eg: Chutneys and/or Sambar)
- Cold raw soup or a hot soup
- 2 Raw salads
- 3 Cooked vegetable dishes