Gowri Nivas is a Kodava home which has been opened to those looking for a vacation in a luxury resort within an affordable budget. It is situated at the heart of Madikeri the capital of Coorg. Here you have the luxury and comfort of home. It has its own story to tell from hand made floor tiles to the antique door, pillars and windows rescued from a chieftain’s house and painstakingly restored. Gowri Nivas offers you a quality home stay service in Coorg. Forty kms from Madikeri at the foothills of Tadiyendamol, the highest peak of Coorg, lies our estate close to the family home where you can enjoy the solitude of nature in all her wild un spoilt beauty. The people of Coorg live close to nature and have a great love for the land .
All rooms are well furnished with a cable TV, hot water kettle, attached bath and running hot and cold water. Our in house chef Chandra is an epicurean’s delight and specializes in traditional cooking. There is a fixed menu for the day and all meals are served buffet style.
• Plan day trip destinations in advance, imbibe the culture of the people and come back to the warmth and hospitality of Gowri Nivas.
• Discover your spiritual self by visiting the Buddhist monastery and enjoy the traditional Tibetean meal served there.
• Treat yourself to an overnight stay at an adventure camp in Coorg.
• Visit tourist attractions around Mercara such as the fort , Abbey falls, Raja seat, Gaddige (Royal tombs) and the market place.
• Go river rafting
• Rock climbing/ rapelling
• Visit the elephant camp
• Go trekking
• Visit the king’s summer palace and Lord Igguthappa’s Temple.
• Visit the birth place of River Cauvery and Bhagamandala confluence of three rivers.