In addition to safari drives, explore the silence of jungle with them, with various treks that they do for a wild life enthusiast. Short,medium,long treks with forest personnel and tribal guides into the sanctuary, subject to approval by forest dept. Prior intimation needed. So, apply for in advance. In all wild life treks, safety is taken care of and all necessary permissions of the forest department are taken. Tribal interaction:
With about 7 different sects of tribes around the plantation, a peep into their life is made possible with the approval of the Chieftians.With minimum intrusion into their life, have a feel of the life style of the sons of the soil. Prior intimation needed.Plantation walks:
Within their own property explore the plantation life cultural practices of coffee/rubber/pepper/vanilla etc., with the promoters being Agricultural graduates-more insights into the cultivation aspects.Outdoor treks:
Soft/hard treks to the various mountains with the permission of forest dept is done with qualified guides, Prior permission needed.Birding:
The resorts itself has plenty of bird life for the attuned. Around 39 species of birds are found in and around the cottages. They will help you with identification-with books/binoculars. Join them on the birding safari. Most commonly found are Minivets/orioles/fly catchers/drongo/robins to name a few...Photography Trails:
They can arrange for a special session with the experts from their own panel-some of them nationally acclaimed photographers/cinematographers -subject to the availability of dates from the experts. Leisure:
- Pookot Lake- A pristine lake with clean environs-boating/walks/Tonga ride available
- Banasura Project- A hydel tourism area-power boating/nature walks.
- Kanthampara water falls- A nice cascading water fall amidst forests
- Karapuzha dam- Second largest earthen dam in India-land - waterscapes.
- Meenmutty falls-a scenic trek to one of the biggest water falls in Wayanad.
- Soochipara water falls- enjoy the gushing water at soochipara-no bathing from June to sept.
- Manikunnu mala trek- a trek up the mountain in front of Wynberg-birding/landscape/photography.
- Chembra peak- trek up the summit-2100mts serious trek-1 full day
- (prior permission needed)
- Kuruva dweep islands- 950acres of pristine island around kabani-ideal for birding-nature walks
- Rafting (in season)
- Edakkal caves- A peep into the civilization of old age man-rock shelters-with lots of etchings-one of its kind in south of India.
- Thirunelly temple- Dubbed dakshina kasi-visit Papanasini-rid of sins-very old temple of Architectural and religious importance- besides the grand setting of the temple inside forest.
- Valliyurkave temple- one of the oldest temples in Wayanad-of historical importance and a 10 day festival-important for most tribes in Wayanad