There are facilities to change traveler's cheques in Pench. Credit Cards are not accepted at the camp.
While traveling In India - unless you are eating at the best hotels and restaurants avoid raw vegetables, salads, unpeeled fruit, raw shellfish, local ice cream, or ice cubes. Drink only bottled or purified water. Medical
Medical insurance is recommended and vaccinations are advised for Hepatites, Typhoid and Tetanus. A course of anti-malaria (e.g. Proguanil or Paludrine plus Chloroquine) is also strongly recommended. Things to get
Medicines are readily available in India, but you may wish to bring a small emergency first aid kit with you for your travels, plus any medication you have been prescribed by your own doctor. Clothes
Clothes should be not be revealing or off the shoulder. Safari-style, casual and comfortable clothing are advised for your stay at Pench and for traveling in India. Warm clothes (including jackets, hats and gloves) are necessary for the cold evenings between November to early March. A thermal vest is useful for the months of December and January. Avoid bright colors for jungle trips.
Casual summer clothing with natural colours is best from March to June. Sun protection lotion, sun hat, insect repellent, and cosmetics. Comfortable shoes, hats and sunglassesCamera & binoculars
- bring all the film and batteries that you may need for your camera as these are not found locally but are available in cities. Binoculars are advised for wildlife viewing. Liquor
- Indian beer is good and readily available, but wine is scarce and only found in major cities. There are Indian made spirits galore, but it is advisable to bring your favourite tipple with you, especially if it is Scotch. Park Timings
The park is open from Oct. 1 to June 30. Entry is restricted to petrol vehicles only. Vehicular excursions & elephant rides in the park are permitted only by daylight. The best time is in early mornings and late afternoons.
Useful miscellaneous items include a spare pair of glasses or contact
lenses (if you wear them), an alarm clock, small torch with spare
batteries, and a money belt.Don't s
- No Smoking
- No Noise (talking loudly)
- Do not get down from the vehicle unless told by the guide / driver
- Do not litter inside the park
- Avoid using perfumes / cologne inside the park
- Avoid wearing bright coloured clothes inside the park
- Do not use flash while taking pictures of animals close to you
- No weapons are allowed inside the park
- Do not feed animals