Drive from Bangalore to Nelamangala, where you turn off NH 4 towards Hassan and Mangalore. From here to Hassan the road is a dream. Fast and smooth with exciting corners, minimal traffic and tantalising tar, this road will have enthusiastic drivers fighting to take to the wheel.
The last stage is from Hassan to The Hidden Valley via Belur. From Hassan onwards the roads narrow down a bit. You will have to slow down and keep an eye out for pedestrians and cattle. The fabulous scenery, however, more than compensates for the occasional intrusions, the road runs atop bund walls dividing a reservoir into two, green fields abound bordered in the distance by the Sahyadri mountains that seem to grow as you drive towards them.
Bangalore to The Hidden Valley is a short drive that should take you four-and-a-half hours, but one you would want to repeat.By Bus
- The bus is to be boarded at Majestic Bus Stand, Bangalore
- Travel time is approximately 6 hours.
- The bus reaches the Chickmagalur bus stop, which is 20km away from The Hidden Valley. The charge for a pick up from the bus stop is Rs. 400/-.
The various trains from Bangalore include Hubli Express / Intercity Express, Chalukya Express, Hubli Passenger / SBC Fast Passenger, Rani Chennama. The train reaches Kadur Station, which is 60km away from The Hidden Valley. The charge for a pick up from the train station is Rs. 1200/-. Alternatively, you may take a bus from the Kadur bus stop to Chikmagalur bus stop. The charge for a pick up from the Chikmagalur bus stop is Rs. 400/-. Transport Options to The Hidden Valley
Tata Indica (AC) - Rs. 4200/-
Tata Indigo (AC) - Rs. 5400/-
Toyota Innova (AC) - Rs. 6600/-
- Group of maximum 4 persons by Tata Indica or Indigo (AC) or maximum 7 persons by Toyota Innova (AC)
- Guests can opt to visit Shravanabelagola (Gomateshwara), Belur & Halebidu temples en-route at no extra cost.
- Extended stay per day (with use of 250km per day) - Rs. 1750/- for Tata Indica, Rs. 2250/- for Tata Indigo and Rs. 3000/- for Totota Innova.
- Driver Bata: Rs. 200/- per calendar day.
Pick up from home/office if residing within a radius of 5km from their office in Indiranagar and the meter starts at that point. Drop back to the same place. Travel time is approximately 5 hours.