Kochi/Cochin Airport serves as the nearest airport to Munnar. One hundred and twenty one km from Munnar, the Cochin Airport (121 km) at Nedumbassery is a four hour scenic drive to Munnar. Cochin airport is connected to major cities in India and abroad.By Train:
Ernakulam Railway Station (135 km) and Aluva Railway Station (120 km) are two stations that connect Munnar arterially with other cities. Tourists can take bus to Munnar from Central Bus Station which is situated quiet close to the Railway Station. Munnar also falls close to other rail heads and can be very much accessed through Theni (60 km), Changanassery (114 km) and Madurai (160 km).By Bus:
Private and government operated (KSRTC - Kerala State Road Transport Corporation) buses are available from Kochi(Ernakulam). Regular bus services from Tamil Nadu (towns like Theni, Kumbam, Madurai and Coimbatore) are operated by Tamil Nadu and Kerala Governments. Karnataka/Kerala RTC ( www.ksrtc.in ), Kallada travels (www.kalladatravels.com) , and KPN travels (www.kpntravels.in) operates over-night semi-sleeper/sleeper buses Between Bangalore and Munnar.By Car:
Driving up to Munnar can be adventurous, especially if you are driving in your own car. As you go up slowly through the narrow winding roads, you will see all the shades of green in god's own country. From the lush carpets of the tea bushes to the silver green of the oak it is all there on the mountains of Munnar. Its well connected with cities like Kochi, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Tirupur, Madhurai and Bangalore. Bangalore to munnar drive will take about 10-12 hrs. Take a night-beak at Tirupur or Coimbatore, if you want to split the journey. Driving directions from Munnar town
The Greenspaces is around 10 kms away from the Munnar town near Tagore mount school & Oakfield resorts
- From Munnar town, drive towards Cochin (NH 49) around 1.5 km.
- Take left on the Munnar - Cochin NH 49 at the head worker's dam.
- Cross the dam and take right towards Pothamedu view point.
- Pass the Resorts Blackberry, Tall trees, Oakfield etc
- Take right at Ottamaram just after Oak Field Resorts.
- Take the next left towards the Tagore Mount School.
- Take the left near the black syntex water tank and come down, you will see the green spaces in the right side.