Ahmedabad International Airport is about 390 km from Gir and the drive takes about seven to eight hours depending on the number of stops en route. From Delhi
By Air : The nearest airport with connectivity to Delhi is Ahmedabad about 390 km from the lodge and the drive takes about seven to eight hours depending on the number of stops en route.
By Train : There are trains to Rajkot and then the drive of about 164 km takes three to four hours.From Mumbai
Mumbai has direct flights to Diu Airport, about 112 km from the lodge, and both flights and trains to Rajkot, 164 km from the lodge.From Ahmedabad
There are trains to Junagadh, 60 km from Gir, or Veraval, 40 km from Gir, and the drive takes about one hour from either. There are also trains and buses to Sasan, near the lodge, from Junagadh / Veraval.In GeneralBy Air
- Flights to Rajkot (3½ hour-drive) & Bhavnagar (5 hour-drive) from where it is a four-hour drive to Sasan Gir.
- Flight to Diu (1½ hours) from where it is a two-hour drive to Sasan Gir.
- Trains to Junagadh (1¼ hour-drive) & Rajkot (3½ hour-drive) from where there are buses and taxis to Gir.
- Ahmedabad is 6 hours away and is also an international airport.
- Transport can be arranged at an extra cost.
You can check fare and book class 2A (air-conditioned) or SL on www.indianrail.gov.in.