A delightful experience as one gets to see a wide spectrum of landscape camping at "Civet Creek Camp". The winding roads, acres and acres of coffee and cardamom plantations, misty hills, stretches of paddy fields, small river streams calm and serene. The chirping of innumerable birds which are easier heard than seen, fill the air and set the rhythm. It is almost as if you can almost choose the vignettes that you want to capture and then embark on your journey from where the camp is located.
Night beckons you along guided jungle trails. As the bonfire blazes you can lie on your back and use the in-house telescope to embark on a cosmic trip to map the skies. Satiate your hunger by gorging on some delectable and mouth watering Coorg food served at the camp. There you are, on your very own tropical getaway surrounded by verdant hills and forests. Some things are best left unsaid, for discovering them yourself adds to eternal pleasure.
Pics Courtesy: Saikiran
The Various activities provided at the Camping site are
- Accommodation will be provided in high quality insect proof dome tents.
- Modern bathrooms and toilets with 24hrs hot water facility.
- Pickup and drop to Madikeri and sight seeing can be arranged (at an extra charge)
- Activities like TT Table, Trampoline, Rifle-shooting area, Volleyball
On request, Barbeque also can be arranged.
Duration - 2 days and 1 night
- Drive overnight from Bangalore (270 Kms) and reach the base camp early morning After breakfast
- Take a guided estate tour or
- Go on a nature trek to the surrounding hills
- Return for a late afternoon lunch and rest
- Spend the evening walking and cycling though the estate and forests around. Games like volleyball,cricket, can be arranged.
- After sunset, bonfire and barbeque will be arranged followed by dinner
- Those interested can go on post dinner jungle walks.
- Have an early breakfast and visit Talacauvery (30 Kms)
- Return for lunch and check-out post lunch. Leave for Bangalore
- Check-out post breakfast
- Visit Madikeri(18 Kms) or Dubare elephant training camp (40 kms) and leave for Bangalore. Packed lunch can be arranged.
The various activities conducted at the Camping site includes
- Nature Walk
- Bonfire and Barbeque
- Bird Watching
- Pack in some light woolens too, just in case there is a nip in the air.
- Carry a pair of comfortable shoes, as you'll have plenty of walking to do.
- You will be outdoors most of the time. Remember to take your umbrella, sunscreens and caps along.
- Basic first aid will be available at the camp. But carry your prescription medicine as the nearest pharmacy is 18 Kms away.
- Do not forget to carry your camera and binoculars.