Talayar Valley Bungalow is a British built bungalow located at about 20 km from Munnar on the Munnar - Chinnar road to the famed sandal wood forests of Marayur. The bungalow is set amidst sprawling tea gardens and is gentle on you. It does not impose itself on you like a conventional resort. Living there is quite like spending time at home, with a difference of having your own personal array of service staff. It is a perfect getaway for city bred souls who find the sudden 'getaway ness' a bit strange initially, but it grows on you, so much so that leaving the tranquility, will bring back feelings of homesickness.
It's the place to read a book you love, a place to stare at the stars on a clear bright night, a place to sit around a bonfire and sing, a place to take a walk, a place to have a breakfast on the lawn and look up at the mountains all around, a place to catch up on bird watching, a place to savor the clean mountain air and a place to laze on a Sunday morning.
Tallayar Valley Bungalow is a 3 bedroom British built bungalow with period furniture, fireplaces in all rooms and large toilets. It has a large living room, a rack library, a tea room leading onto a well maintained garden, a bonfire area and lawns gracing the frontage of the bungalow. Other facilities
- Home cooked meals as per request of the guest
- Morning bed tea and coffee
- Hot water in every room
- Common dining hall
- STD ISD facilities
- Indoor Games - Table tennis, Chess, Monopoly
Tallayar Valley Bungalow conducts various activities and promotes growing tea plantations.
Make your own tea - This is a participatory activity wherein guests join tea pluckers in the morning to pluck tea leaves from the fields. The day's leaves are individually manufactured into tea powder and given to guests as a memento. This is complimentary.
Plant your own tea - This is also a participatory activity wherein guests are provided with saplings to plant their own tea bush. Each of these bushes is tagged with their names. Once the bushes are ready for plucking their produce is sent to guests once in two months depending on their growth and such factors, complimentary.
Picnic to Lakkam waterfalls - Guests are taken to Lakkam waterfalls about 10 kms away for a picnic lunch. Cost per room - Rs 1000 & also Picnic to Chinnar Wild Life Sanctuary and Amaravathi Crocodile Farm at Rs.1600/- per room.
Bar B Q and bonfire - Rs 1000 per room
Tea factory visit - Complimentary
- Cochin International Airport , Kerala / Distance 135 kilometersNearest Rail Head
- Ernakulam South OR Ernakulam Town Railway Station / Distance 135 kilometersRoutes
- Bangalore - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Udumalpet - Marayoor - Talayar / Distance (Travel time - 8 hours)
- Chennai - Salem - Dindigul - Pollachi - Udumalpet - Marayoor - Talayar / Distance (Travel time - 18 hours)
- Coimbatore - Pollachi - Udumalpet - Marayoor - Talayar / Distance (Travel time - 3 hours)