Red Earth is located in beautiful surroundings absolutely untouched by development and yet very close to civilization. It is situated on the back waters of the Kabini dam; the land has water as its boundary on two sides. The river Kapila across which the dam has been built divides the Bandipur and Nagarhole national parks.
Red Earth has been developed, to provide an informal and homely atmosphere to the guests, simultaneously ensuring the quality of service is maintained at the highest level with a very personalised level of service and care.
In line with the overall concern for the environment all the buildings have been built out of mud and with minimum usage of steel/cement and concrete. There are a total of 20 villas (with three different designs) in two clusters of 10 villas around a small lake. All villas are air conditioned , Spacious with their own open to the sky Jacuzzis. These Jacuzzis will have hot water on request. There are three Honeymoon villas and one villa designed for the physically challenged.
The villa includes:
- Spa & Jacuzzi Bath Tubs
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Mini Fridge
- Cable Television(LCD)
- Daily News Paper
- Swimming Pool
- Airport And Station Transfers
- Taxi Hire
- Baby Sitting
- Doctor On Call
- Jogging Track & Gym
- Travel Desk
- Conference Hall
- Children's Play Area
- Car Park
Food will be of a quality which will be unmatched with focus on the healthy and the aesthetic. Organic fresh vegetables will be used in abundance and will be sourced from the local villages. Every meal would be tendered with great care catering to the requirement of every guest.
A watering hole located in the middle of the lake has been aptly named Wet lands. It is ideal for an evening of music and spirits.
- From Mysore take the road to H D Kote/Mananthvady.
- You will pass hand-post (A junction with a hand post signal)
- Drive straight through on the road to Bavali and you will come to Antharsanthe.
- After the Antharsanthe police outpost you will see a board for Hosmalla village.
- Follow this road taking a further left turn.
- Pass Hosmalla Village, carry on for another 3 kms to find the resort on your left.
- Mysore to Handpost - 45kms
- Handpost to left turn after Antharsanthe Police out post - 10kms
- From turn off point to resort - 4.6kms
- Total distance from Mysore to Red Earth - 59.6kms